Cover metal stair with wood
Wooden stairs look nice and add housing respectability. To make the structure more strength base is made of metal, and then sheathed with wood. To hide unsightly elements, welded frame, grab timber and properly secure it to the stairs.
|metal stairs covered with wood|
You will need
ready-made wood cover
- Select the design of stairs.Sheathing metal skeleton tree performed in different ways.with and without pod stupe them, with wooden railings and balusters or metal railings. Construction to look presentable, fully welded frame sew completing all elements of decoration of wood stairs.
- Decide what will be the material for steps. To finish them use different types of wood: ash, beech, oak , larch, pine. The main rule - to the top of the steps (pads) should be taken material that is resistance . To do this, fit ash, beech and oak. To trim vertical gaps between the stages use laminated oak or an array of softer rocks. If the stair is closed carpeted, pine or spruce will be quite appropriate for this.
- Prepare the skin elements. Adjust the material under size frame so that there is no cracks. To do this, the wooden parts of stages, pre-measured and numbered each of them.
- Pick the type of balustrade. Performing a safety function on the steps of the fence is a spectacular element of decoration stairs - it determines the first impression of the design. Since railings are of different dimensions, pick the most comfortable shape for your hand. Also, the location of the balusters is very important on the stairs. It is possible to make the interval between 220 mm and 130 mm or 90 mm.Place them at a distance of not less than 130 mm-this is the best comfortable level width.
- Install wooden elements. Lock the upper stage of the screws. Thereafter Abut pod stupe tightly into the frame and secure too.Do the same for the entire length of the structure. Along the edges of steps, from beginning to end of the stairs, columns and balusters place. Check out their vertical, fix elements special studs and install them railing.
- Sew the frame completely. Close the side of the ladder wood panel, carved in the form of steps.To decorate metal marches rear design, use the same panel or plasterboard. This work is carried out after plating steps . Apply varnish on all the wooden elements of the stairs.
Taking the form of railings, balusters and posts do not forget that everything has to be designed in the same design style.